“in the presence of new corona virus variants and the general shortage of vaccines worldwide; With governments facing no end of trouble and their citizens facing tighter economies, uncertainty is expected to continue for some time to come.“
Or so you’ve been told. The Deloitte User status The tracker, however, gives a different picture as far as consumer behavior is concerned in 20 countries. It shows that between January 2021 and August 2021, compared to December 2020, store visitors increased by a whopping 16% and flight ticket sales increased by 12%. We hope these signs continue to progress, indicating high, stable figures indicating full recovery and normalization. The world and the markets it contains. A return to pre-pandemic levels in all aspects of life may not be as far off as it seems!
What seems distant is international travel. It may not return to an easy state for some time; Test protocols may limit free access to some of the world’s most important financial centers! However, economic prospects look bright in 2022; There are many communication modes available now. Other details you will find here Deloitte website. Alternatively, you can also consult statistics LaunchMetrics, dealing with fashion, luxury and beauty; Or, a report from a leading international authority Swiss Federation of Watch IndustriesIdentifying this particular change.
The overall mood is very different from what it was a year ago. The watch industry – especially the Swiss – appears to have a positive economic outlook for 2022, with 77% of executives surveyed voting on a global comeback, with watches under $1500 down nearly 40% from 2020. Watches priced between $1500 and $9000 fell 20%, while watches over $9000 lost just 10% of their previous market share.
It is not that rich people or MIG buy fewer watches or LIG stop wearing watches altogether; Watch wearers have seen a shift from LIG or MIG to higher price tags, thus buffering the $1500-and-up watch market well. Yes, the very high end watch market will definitely face a decline but with new buyers now entering the market, the decline will not exceed 10%.
A revival of the luxury sector is indicated by online shopping. This is the same for watches but the growth projections across different segments are not the same. The Strong growth The prediction applies to high-end and very high-end segments; Often reaching millions! It’s surprising how quickly people’s fascination with such watches has grown in recent times; A general decline in the interest of the entry-level and low-end categories is represented in an almost symmetrical fashion!
- Labor and raw material shortages continue to affect supply chains in 2021, while an overall reduction in overall sales volumes in 2020 has hurt the watch industry’s complex ecosystem.
- People are turning to online retailers for good, valuable pieces at low prices; This includes collectors and wearers Serious
- Smart watches have grown in popularity; Hence, traditional brands have started combining connectivity with craftsmanship.
- Millennials And Generation Z Gained more purchasing power.
- Authentic storytelling across all touch points brings brands back to life.
- Rarity and exclusivity have increasingly led to stability and inclusion.
- Consumers have begun their purchases with awareness of the impact of industries and their products on the environment. Ethical sourcing, ethical treatment of humans and animals, clean energy and ethical business practices – all highlighted in 2021.
The 2021 turn of the global luxury goods and watch market will fuel speculation on the future Check out exhibitions, trade shows and other events – both established and new – is an exciting affair. How will they develop in the next few years after the crisis surrounding the corona virus? The creative response to the pandemic by the watch industry and policy has shown how it can adapt when options are very, very limited, but such as canceling a major event. Basel World It asks us to wait whether the actual rescheduling is intended or not. Another big name Clocks & Wonders (Previously International Exhibition of Haute Horlogerie; SIHH), however; Happened but like small ones Geneva Watch Days That remains a question, and watch trade shows are also going to continue.
With a clear conscience, we can certainly grant Hublot crown for materials; Credits to Bulgari or Piaget for ultra-thin movements; awe Ulysse Nordin Control organs made of silicon and Recension for its hybrid watchmaking. Still, there are a few names worth mentioning. They prove the existence of emotions behind every innovative product.
The following table shows some of the best technologies in horology introduced in 2021
|See||What does it look like?||What’s so good about that?|
|Jaeger-LeCoultre Reverso Hybris Mechanica Quadrilateral
|· This 90th anniversary edition of Jaeger-LeCoultre’s most recognizable symbol, the Reverso is the most complex, chiming Reverso ever made.
· World’s first and only watch made with four dials.
· Amazing 11 issues of surprisingly wearable proportions.
· Ultra-thin flying tourbillon.
· Perpetual calendar with large date display.
· Minute repeater mechanism.
· Second time display using jumping hours and rotating minutes.
· Trebuchet hammers, crystal gongs, silent governor.
· Lunar phase complication with super moons, solar and lunar eclipse indicators.
· A giant moon phase display of the Southern Hemisphere is presented in exquisite métiers d’arts.
|IWC Big Pilot’s Watch Shock Absorber XPL
|· Light and strong, high-tech aluminum alloy used for movement base plates.
· Bidirectional Paul winding system builds a power reserve of 120 hours.
· Sprin-G Protect (cantilever casing spring made of bulk metallic glass to protect the movement from impacts).
· Ceratanium (ceramics/titanium) case, inner titanium casing ring.
· Unique crown system to manipulate the movement independently of the case.
|Cartier tank must
|· Uses no animal product, thus saving six times the carbon footprint, saving up to 10 liters of water and up to 7 megajoules of energy (~ 200 smartphone charges) per watch.
Hi-tech features inside a classical timepiece.
· A range of two sizes and strap colors.
· Perforated dial layer that lets light in.
|Bvlgari Octo Finissimo Perpetual Calendar
|· Seventh ultra-thin world record for overall watch design. (5.8mm; 2.75mm)
· Perpetual Calendar.
· Available in platinum and titanium.
· Power reserve: 60 hours
|Hublot Big Bang Integral Tourbillon Full Sapphire
|· Built in transparent, full sapphire (case + bracelet)
· No visible screws.
|Ulysse Nordin is a blast overstriker
|· Developed collaboratively DeviletteFrench audio giant.
· Chiming bells with titanium amplifier.
· The entire chiming mechanism is visible.
· Black DLC titanium case covered with 5N18kt rose gold.
|Panerai Submersible eLAB-ID
|· 98.6% of the materials used in its manufacture are recycled.
· Case, sandwich dial and movement bridges made of eco-titanium.
|Citizen Call. 0200 automatic||· Exceeds chronometer standard (ISO 3159).
· The free-sprung balance wheel is highly resistant to shocks and wear and maintains an excellent stability rate.
|Chronoswiss Open Gear Reseq
Caliber C. 301
|· Proprietary regulator and retrograde seconds module.
· “Open Gear” architecture.
· Chemical vapor deposition dye.
|Grand Seiko Spring Drive 5 days
· The best spring drive movement … ever!
· Accuracy of ±10 seconds per month.
· 120 hours power reserve.
· One-piece center bridge for added strength, durability and shock resistance.
Sadly, there is none; Those who plan to start seem to be waiting for the new year to jump onboard. Older players, however; brought new models, the best of which are presented above. They are expensive; For slightly more affordable models, see here.
As the scenario is rapidly changing, the future economic situation globally is expected to emerge from the existing doldrums from 2020 onwards. This is a very accurate forecast of how the luxury watch market will perform as of January 2020 and for many luxury watch brands. , who have no choice but to produce a small number of watches this year, are going to begin production in sufficient quantities to meet demand.
Keep in mind that luxury watches are small luxury items and their transportation can be economical. It is much easier to ship large luxury items such as marble statues or designer furniture from one place to another by air cargo or secure courier. So, normalization and further progress can be predicted without looking too much into geopolitics and economics.
On the other hand, global supply chains are still not fully functional and this hiatus phase will continue until the first three months of 2022 with progressive normalization. That is, we can expect the current demand for luxury watches to be high – especially, if they are available at heavily discounted prices. why Because if you want to upgrade to something more desirable than your current one, you’ll want to buy it before the market changes once again.
The online business of luxury watches has grown steadily since the pandemic-months, largely displacing traditional retail modes. People have learned that online, your options are wider and you get even models that are not available with a traditional retailer. Besides, there is nothing more comforting than not having to move from the comforts of your home to get your desired item.
This trend is likely to continue in 2022 and beyond. Whether traditional shopping habits have made a comeback or not, online shopping has us all hooked!
A fierce competition between online and offline retailers for dominance in the market will increase. It is responsible for the amalgamation of multiple brands under one roof; Traditional retailers are mostly brand specific; Even if they aren’t, they can’t match the vast product ranges that an online retailer usually has on offer. The online market for luxury watches is likely to grow and buy out smaller retailers, leaving only a handful of big names. But surely, most of you won’t travel a few hundred miles to visit just one retailer for a particular watch. With the associated costs, ordering your watch online seems like a better, better option.
With so much in-depth thinking for the global watch industry, it’s time for some fun facts! Buyers of luxury watches tend to go after brands that set themselves apart trends!
Organizes the industry’s global trade-fair Fine Watchmaking Foundation, noted that there were many more competitors than in other years and that they came from brands such as Rolex, Tudor, IWC, TAG Heuer and Patek Philippe. They showcased some amazing timepieces, each of which has every potential to beat the others.
In 2022, moving forward will be the trend. Whoever comes forward is trendy!
Keep falling Give your answers below. Specify which from As mentioned above What would you most like to go to and for?
Post Views: 14