Chronograph fans rejoice, here’s a big haul for you! You should have no problems falling head over heels in love PCAT.
First some necessary information
PCAT! It does not read P-CAT; But the PCAT. This is an abbreviated form Perpetual chrono atomic time. For the uninitiated, this needs an explanation, so here it is. Others can skip and move on to the next part.
- Eternal Calendar refers to day/date functions.
- Chrono Meaning chronograph or stopwatch function.
- AT Atomic time. Britannica Said -“It is a time scale generated by atomic clocks that provides more accurate time than was possible with earlier astronomical methods.” For civilians, the accuracy of their PCAT watches is 1 second deviation every 20 million years.
What makes the Citizen PCAT unique?
- One of the most unique watches from the Citizen to date in the sub-$1000 segment.
- It’s one of the more expensive pieces from Citizen, starting at $650.
- It shares space with other Citizen stalwarts like the ProMaster and Blue Angel above the $800 mark.
What are we trying to see?
Does the Citizen PCAT Radio Controlled Chronograph Atomic Eco-Drive watch really warrant a higher price tag than others in the league; Not necessarily from the same brand. We’ll pick just three from the 20-odd variations in the lineup.
A general look at the series
Briefly first; And then in the details.
The PCAT series, however, is constructed the same Caliber: E660 Some like Promaster The series watches — the Sky Eco-Drive, for example — are probably the most feature-rich of the entire Citizen Atomic timekeeping collection, which is bad in a way. Unless you plan to play with it at your leisure, it’s not ideal for a sedentary lifestyle. Even then, you can’t completely toy with it. The real fun is putting it to the real test. You can start with guided adventures at your local amusement park. As you progress through the steps, you will slowly discover the benefit of its feature and functions. Many users report difficulties in the initial stages of using these watches because they are not put to real work where applicable. For new chronograph users, this will take some getting used to. Don’t rush through the basics and everything will be fine.
An additional function of the PCAT is a second time zone indicator that helps frequent travelers or business with offshore clients. Once you get used to what PCAT watches have to offer, switching to something else isn’t easy.
Now, one Extended discussion.
The Citizen PCAT The watches are high-end timepieces that exhibit solid standards that promise and deliver a better overall experience compared to many others in the price range. We start with design.
Being a chronograph watch, it is large and the case sizes are noticed before anything else. .Sure, there are chronograph watches with thinner profiles but you don’t get the sturdiness you need for outdoor adventures with a thin case. You need more metal to prevent severe effects. PCAT looks better on people with wrists of seven inches or more. Metals (steel and titanium) are hypoallergenic and crystals are anti-reflective sapphire; Ultra scratch-resistant and improves dial-view.
The Perpetual Chrono AT collection uses the E660, a light-powered chronograph Movement It shows hours, minutes and simple seconds without allowing unlimited use of built-in features and functions.
The Cal E660 is accurate to ±15 seconds (without timing signal reception) and has a continuous run time of 10 months, extendable to 36 months with power saving modes on 24/7. It features:
- Chronograph: 1/1 second measurement per 60 minutes
- An alarm
- a’Inadequate chargeAlert function (two-second jumps seconds).
- Overcharge-prevention function.
- Instantly displays time and date for any of 24 cities according to World Time.
- Radio/atomic signal reception from Japan, USA, China and Europe calibrates regular time, perpetual calendar and world time functions automatically once a day or whenever you request. Signal strength determines how fast your watch can respond.
BriefPermanent Chrono AT- It brakes smoothly when it feels like it’s going overboard, feels good inside Feature-rich Domain and avoiding fancy stuff that may look good but not usable in normal life; For example, 1000m water resistance. Moreover, this watch is not intended for diving; Not more than 500 to 600 feet. They’re expensive, unless you get a good deal with all the paperwork, which means you’ll have to wait a while before you get one on your wrist.
Reply below telling us which Citizen Atomic Time Caliber you like the most.
Post Views: 132